3.10.2006

San Diego Latino Film Festival

So last night Stephanie and I went to the San Diego Latino Film Festival. This is the 13th year of the event, but our first year attending. While I can't say much about the Festival it's self, the film we saw was incredible. We saw O Casamento de Romeu e Julieta, directed by Bruno Barreto. A new twist on the classic Romeo and Juliet. Bruno's twist sucks you into the romance between a man and woman who are fans of rival soccer teams. From here the hilarity ensues. Yes this is a romantic comedy. I have not laughed so hard. I will go as far to say this is not only the best movie I have seen this year, it is the better than any movie I saw last year.

Bruno was present to introduce the film and participate in a short Q&A after the film. The film is due to be released in the US this summer so keep your eye peeled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home